What makes an essay great? The simple answer to this question is correct grammar and excellent sentence structure. Most essay writing may be pro at using the correct grammar and using a variety of sentence structures. But there are quite a few who need help when it comes to grammar and sentence structure in quality essays. This article will explain few tips and hacks that can be used by anyone to write a great essay
Why is Grammar Important?
Grammar is an important part of process of essay writing. It can be said that grammar lays the foundations for written language. The eight parts of speech make up the building blocks for grammar. These building blocks are verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions and interjections.
Using proper grammar also helps convey our message in such a way that anyone who reads our essay has no problem understanding the meaning. If a reader understands the essay then it means the grammar of an essay is perfect. On the other hand, not using the right grammar can leave the reader of your essay confused. Still, having trouble writing an essay with proper grammar? Get in touch with an essay writer that can help solve your grammar-related issues easily.
Why is Sentence Structure Important?
Just like grammar, a proper sentence structure is essential when writing a quality essay. Consider the following example. You have parts of car in front of you and you need to use these parts to make a car functioning. You have an idea of what each part is and where it should go. assembling the body parts in wrong order will not shape your car. Besides, it will not have the proper style and function. A quality essay is like a properly functioning car and its parts are just like sentences used in the essay
Issues people encounter in structuring the sentence are sentence fragments and misplaced modifiers. Putting a modifier in the wrong place is an example of improper sentence structure. This is because the writing does not seem clear enough for the reader. Sentence fragments are incomplete sentences. Just like modifiers, sentence fragments also affect the cohesion and effects the quality of an essay.
I write my essay by keeping in mind all these tips and hacks to ensure the flow and cohesion of the content. And that’s why I would suggest you to consider the importance of formatting the sentence structure and grammar. You must be thinking of the suggestions and tips that what actually are those basic techniques. The answer to this question is given in the following paragraphs. So, yeah! Here we go.
Hacks to Improve Grammar
The following hacks are guaranteed to improve your grammar and make your essay the best in quality:
- Avoid subject-verb disagreement. This is a common mistake to make and if you can get rid of it then your writing will improve massively. Avoiding subject-verb agreement is very easy. The rule of thumb is if a subject is singular then the verb used should refer to singular subject. This is also the case when plural subjects are concerned.
For instance: The writer has provided comprehensive analysis of the article.
In above mentioned example , the writer is singular so, singular helping verb has is used.
- Remember when using quotes in your essay, the punctuation marks inverted commas are meant to be used to quote the words.
- Be careful when using apostrophes. Apostrophes can be tricky but their use can be made easier by knowing when and where to use them.
- Do not overload the essay with the use of punctuation marks. This will more than likely end up backfiring on you. By using a lot of punctuation in your essay, you will likely end up making mistakes. To avoid these mistakes, it is better to not overdo them with punctuation.
- Proofread and spell-check your essay multiple times. Read your essay out loud and see if there is anything in the essay that is grammatically incorrect. Ask someone else to read your essay for you. Contact a essay writing service that can proofread your essay and guide you if there are any issues with it.
Hacks to Improve Sentence Structure
The following hacks are sure to help you improve your sentence structure skills:
- Keep your sentences simple. There are times when trying to come up with a complex sentence can affect the quality of your essay negatively. There are often times when a simple sentence can do the job of a more complex sentence.
- Use formal language in your sentences. This is most applicable when paper writing service writing a persuasive essay where you have to convince others of your standpoint or perspective.
- Make your sentences a joy for readers by avoiding parallelism. Parallel structures in sentences effects clarity and appeal of the sentence structure. This can also help in boosting the quality of your essay
- Read books and learn from their use of sentence structure. We do not recommend you copy their structure as it is. Reading books can help you better understand and improve the sentence structure.
- Practice writing sentences with different structures. Improvement can be made with only practice. We advise you to practice your sentence structure twice a day so that you do not make any mistakes
Hopefully, now that you are aware of how grammar and sentence structure play a role in determining the quality of your essay. Using the hacks for improving grammar and sentence structure mentioned in this article, you will notice a significant improvement in your writing skills. These hacks will also go a long way in helping writemyessayfast.net write essays of the highest quality. But remember, practice makes perfect so it is best if you start as soon as you’re done with reading this article
Limitations of Case Studies – Guide
Criteria for the best book report – Handy Guide
Improve your essay writing skills – Guide
Elements to be added in the Introduction of a Thesis – Guide
How to format a Research Essay? Guidelines
Common thesis statement mistakes in persuasive essays
Model Papers and Assignments are Great Learning Aid for Struggling Students
Leave a Reply